French Impressionist Artist
Sketching training for education involves a ‘hands-on’ task-based experience on various analog and digital sketching techniques. This immersive learning experience is a practical approach for new age teaching focusing on a key skill for communication, leadership, design and multimedia.
Each training session is centred around the knowledge, skills and application for classroom implementation with suitable teaching strategies for Sketching.
Sketching is a vital skill to any designer. Whether it be an Architect, Industrial Designer, UI/UX Desiger, Director or CEO, sketching is the best method to design, iterate and communicate ideas visually.
Sketching and communicating ideas is one of the key attributes in human interactions as well as the innovation & design process. Sketching is not just limited to designers, it occurs in many industries that requires visual communication & ideation (basically anywhere humans are involved!). More recently, it is seen as a desirable skill set for leadership, collaboration and various creative attributes. Best of all, it is 100% learned skill set!
Using various digital and analog mediums such as a pencil, pen, stylus and markers, sketching can help formulate, evolve, create, communicate (and even improve your memory!) through rapid ideation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Explore a number of sketching techniques, skills and practices in an integrated design thinking approach along with various task-based activities, lesson plans and exercises applicable in a Design/Arts or STEaM classroom aligned with industry practice. As a teacher, you can now learn:
- Design Thinking & Sketch knowledge
- Sketching and extrapolating ideas quickly
- Design Thinking sketching
- Perspective drawing
- Rapid ideation and designing
- Rendering and Visualisation
- Sketching digitally
How will you feel?
- Learn how to confidently deliver sketching related lessons in your classroom
- Learn to empathise and facilitate your students with sketching activities
- Gain knowledge on specific techniques, medium use, applications and best practice
- Confidence in creative skills
- Confidence in visual communication and leading ideas
- Communicate ideas quicker with various industry specific sketching techniques... and much more!