Successfully implement the DESIGN THINKING approach into your classroom, alongside evidence based creative thinking and innovation teaching strategies.
CEO of IDEO and Father of Design Thinking
Our 5-Star rated Design Thinking training for educators & teachers, involves a guided ‘hands-on’ experience on the detailed, evidence based formula for human centered innovation. This Design Thinking experience is a practical approach for new age teaching towards syllabus aligned creative problem solving.
It will provide your teachers and staff a tailored understanding on the Design Thinking principles, key tools, terminology and methodologies, alongside the three primary values of Design Thinking: Empathy, Collaboration and Experimentation. This focused training is task-based including teaching strategies, supporting digital resources and aligned with real-world projects designed towards the 21st century classroom.
WHY DESIGN THINKING?
Design Thinking requires you to put on a human-centered lens, to make better empathetic and collaborative decisions towards solving problems creatively & critically. You’ll learn to become more innovative through a test and learn process, towards a student-centric approach at the core of your thinking.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- How to successfully 'innovate' with the use of the Design Thinking approach – working on a real-world problem, hands-on.
- A creative growth mindset with the ability to integrate what is desirable from a human design perspective, coupled with technological and financial viability.
- Practical research tools to experiment and collaborate with others and how to use low-fidelity prototyping ideas and working towards high-fidelity production.
- Syllabus and industry aligned classroom teaching strategies, lesson plans and supporting resources
How will you feel?
- Better equipped to collaborate with other teachers and colleagues
- Learn how to deliver Design Thinking in the classroom – as a teaching approach as well as teaching content
- Learn to empathise and facilitate a 21st century classroom
- Gain skills required for facilitating innovation skills
- Confidence in creative skills
- Confidence for complex problem solving and critical thinking
- Adapted growth mindset to learn quickly and prototype for innovation
… this is just the start!