CEO of IDEO and Father of Design Thinking
The 1ON!® Learning - Design Thinking Workshop involves a ‘hands-on’ experience facilitated by the team at Inspired Education Australia with the support of various industry partners for Queensland high school teachers and staff members. This Design Thinking Experience is a practical approach for new age teaching and the future of design.
It will provide your teachers and staff a introductory level of understanding on the Design Thinking principles, key tools, terminology and methodologies. The program is based on the three primary values of Design Thinking - empathy, collaboration and experimentation. The focus of this course will be hands-on including students participating in the workshop activity (guided by our team and your teachers), where they complete a real-world project to problem solve and develop their mindset and skills.
• How to successfully innovate after going through the Design Thinking Approach and on a real-world problem
• A mindset to solve complex problems, teaching and facilitating in the classroom
• Practical research tools to drive empathy in a project, how to co-create and collaborate with others as well as how to prototype any ideas with students at an engaging level
• How to deliver the new-age of high quality teaching - regardless of the subject!
• Better equipped to collaborate with other teachers and colleagues
• Learn how to deliver Design Thinking in the classroom
• Learn to empathise and facilitate a design studio
• Gain skills required for 2 x phase Design thinking in the classroom
• Confidence in creative skills
• Confidence for complex problem solving
• Adapted growth mindset to learn quickly and prototype for innovation