31 July 2021 - Brisbane (at St. John's Anglican College)
SketchUp is a 3D modelling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film and video game design. It has become one of the most influential tools within the design industry and a key skill for tertiary level students. Its user-friendly application and direct link to 3D printing and VR makes it the perfect tool for the classroom today!
Learn from the only education training partner of SketchUp Australia – Inspired Education Australia and walk through one of the most revolutionary digital technology tools of the 21st century. We guarantee that your students will love it!
- SketchUp History + general knowledge
- Industry application + capabilities
- Engagement and compatibility with other software tools and industry 4.0 technologies
- User interface and workspace study
- General Drawing tools
- Modelling and simulations
- Dimensioning and detailing for prototyping and construction
- Multiple task-based activities for hands on training, techniques, tips and teaching strategies
- 30 days on going learning and support for teachers
- Supporting learning material, printed and digital resources
- All content shared via email
Event: SketchUp for Education
Date: 31 July 2021
Time: 9.00am – 3.30pm
Location: St. John's Anglican College
Who should attend: Teachers (K-12) – specifically suitable for Design, Technologies, IT and ICT Teachers
This full-day workshop will be fully catered and offers an all-inclusive session and practical, hands on experience for teachers including introduction to each application designed around task-based activities ready for the classroom. All tasks are designed to be implemented to suit various classroom teaching strategies and syllabus aligned delivery.
All attending teachers must have the latest version of SketchUp Pro installed, opened, and tested on their own preferred device, ready to use.
We highly recommend attending teachers to:
- Speak to their IT department for advice and usage parameters / log-ins
- If unable to obtain SketchUp Pro, we recommend installing the trial version
- Bring your own mouse for use
(This workshop is suitable for beginners and beginner-to-intermediate teachers.)
Want to Learn More? For further details contact Sharon Singh, Head of eLearning & Innovation, St. John's Anglican College, at email@example.com.